Bachelor of Science (BS) with a Major in
Take the first step toward enhancing community and personal wellness by earning a Bachelor of Science with a major in Public Health. This online public health degree can be earned entirely online.
Tuition Per Hour$385
Prepare For a Career in Public Health
This degree will give you a foundational understanding of important principles in human health, equipping you for a rewarding career in public health or corporate wellness initiatives. The online public health degree also serves as an educational bridge to advanced study in health disciplines.
- Recognized as a Leader in Online Education
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Other Program SpecificsEligibility to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) and the Certified Public Health (CPH) professional certification exams
- Are test scores required?ACT and SAT scores are not required through the Fall 2024 entry term
The BS with a major in Public Health program requires the completion of 120 credit hours, of which 51 must be in the major. Of the 51 credit hours, 18 should be completed in one of two concentrations: Health Education and Promotion or Health Professions. Please note that courses are subject to change.
- HHE 270 Personal Health
- HHE 273 Introduction to Public Health
- HHE 370 Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion
- HHE 375 Health Behavior Theory
- HHE 378 Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior
- HHE 380 Public Health Systems Policy
- HHE 445 Environmental Health
- HHE 446 Health Disparities
- HHE 450 Introduction to Epidemiology and Health Education Promotion
- HHE 468 Practical Applications Health Communication & Promotion
- PY 211 Elementary Statistical Methods
- BER 345 Educational Statistics
- ST 260 Statistical Data Analysis
Health Education and Promotion Concentration
- HHE 470 Needs Assessment and Program plan
- HHE 475 Program Evaluation
- HHE 488 Internship Community Health
Health Professions Concentration
- HHE 385 Introduction Patient Education
- Select 15 credit hours of a health-related course. Please view electives in course catalog.
Admission to any UA Online undergraduate program requires the following:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended (high school transcript if you have less than 24 credit hours of college coursework)
- Undergraduate admissions application
Transfer students considering admission should review UA’s transfer information and policies.
Applicants must meet one of the following admission requirements:
- If you have earned more than 24 college-level credit hours at the time of your application to the University, you will need to meet the transfer student admission requirement of a minimum 2.0 overall college GPA.
- If you have earned less than 24 college-level credit hours at the time of your application to the University, you will need to meet both the 2.0 overall college GPA required for transfer students as well as the Admission Requirements for Freshmen Students. If high school graduation was more than four years ago, ACT/SAT scores are not required.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories