Graduation and Beyond
Graduation Ceremony and Reception
Just like the many generations of previous University of Alabama graduates, you will be invited to participate in commencement and other scheduled activities on campus alongside fellow students during graduation weekend. This includes a live reception hosted by Bama By Distance exclusively for our distance learning graduates. Here are some other important facts to note:
- Degrees are conferred at the end of each semester. To cover the expense of the commencement exercises and diploma, a fee is charged to each person applying for graduation.
- Each candidate for graduation is expected to file an application for degree one term prior to the term of graduation. Go to UA’s Commencement website for complete details.
- Once you have applied for graduation, be on the lookout for save-the-date and invitation information via email regarding the Bama By Distance Graduation Reception!
The University of Alabama Online Society
The University of Alabama Online Society, the Annual Fund for the College for the College of Continuing Studies, plays an important role in supporting our students no matter where they are in the world. Gifts to the UA Online Society have immediate and significant impact. Funds are used to help bridge the gap between access to a quality education and financial need through scholarships and support, as well as increasing opportunities to deliver dynamic programs to wider audiences. All UA alumni and supporters are invited to participate in the UA Online Society.
Membership in the UA Online Society is $50 annually and includes the following benefits:
- Be the first to know what’s going on in the college with communications just for UA Online supporters.
- Earn recognition in our annual report.
- Receive an invitation to the College of Continuing Studies Homecoming Tailgate.
- Get 10% off select online professional development, training, or certification programs.
Free admission to the Paul W. Bryant Museum.
National Alumni Association
You don’t have to wait until graduation to join the UA National Alumni Association. You can join NAA as a current student! To learn more about the great benefits you receive by being a member of the UA National Alumni Association, visit alumni.ua.edu.
Professional Development Opportunities
Another resource available to help you continue to sharpen your skills now or after graduation is the Professional Development and Conference Services team at the College of Continuing Studies. They offer both virtual and in-person trainings to help you with personal or workforce needs. They can also customize trainings to meet unique organizational requirements. Their current portfolio focuses on:
- Accounting, Finance and Taxation
- Automotive Industry
- Community Development Institute
- Environmental Resources
- Health and Human Services
- Higher Education
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Leadership/Team Building/Emotional Intelligence
- Management and Workplace Training
- Social Work
Learn more at https://training.ua.edu.