Master of Science (MS) in
Do you hold a bachelor’s degree and plan to transition into the exciting field of hospitality management? Are you currently working in the field and want to sharpen your skills to move into management? The online Master of Science in Hospitality Management may be the perfect choice for you!
Tuition Per Hour$440
We're Ready to Show You Great Hospitality
The Hospitality Management program at UA is a long-established program with alumni in a variety of hospitality management positions throughout the United States. By taking the online version of the program, you will be able to earn your degree from The University of Alabama from any location.
If you desire to be a leader in this industry, then take the next step by learning more today!
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- RankingRanked 18th in 2017 in the top 50 Hospitality and Hotel Management schools in the world by CEOWORLD Magazine
The MS in Hospitality Management consists of 30 credit hours. Students have the option of completing a thesis or non-thesis track. Please note that courses are subject to change.
Fall Semester (choose 9-12 hours)
- RHM 521 Hospitality Law and Risk Management
- RHM 576 Strategic Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- RHM 596 Seminar in Hospitality Management
- Elective or Prerequisite*
Spring Semester (choose 9-12 hours)
- HES 509 Research Methods
- RHM 570 Leadership Management Hospitality Industry
- RHM 575 Sport and Hospitality Financial Management
- RHM 580 Consumer Behavior in Hospitality Management
Summer (choose 6-10 Hours)
- RHM 592 Special Problems in Hospitality Management**
- Elective for non-thesis or RHM 599 Research Hours for thesis track
**Students must schedule an appointment with their advisor two weeks prior to the first semester taking classes. Please contact Dr. Kimberly Severt at email@example.com to confirm your advisor.
To be considered for admission, an applicant for the MS in Hospitality Management must have the following:
- One of the following:
- 3.0/4.0 GPA
- 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (Include in the Header: Hospitality Management). Students should also include in their statement why they have chosen this area of study and how it will apply to their personal and/or professional goals.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories