MASTER OF SCIENCE (MS) IN
Hospitality Management, concentration in Sport Hospitality
The Master of Science in Hospitality Management with a concentration in Sport Hospitality will give you unique insight into athletics, tourism and entertainment settings to equip you to meet the demands of this growing industry.
Tuition Per Hour$440
Take the Next Shot for Your Career
Differentiate yourself and add value to the leadership level by earning a master’s concentration tailored to this field.
Faculty with years of experience and expertise will guide you through 30 credit hours of online coursework designed to develop your understanding of hospitality management and its nuanced applications in a sports venue. The curriculum covers topics such as hospitality law, sport properties and venue management, sales and entrepreneurship, and strategic leadership. This specialized master’s will complement your industry experience to prepare you for professional success.
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
The MS in Hospitality Management, concentration in Sport Hospitality program requires the completion of 30 credit hours, including 21 credit hours in the area of sport hospitality and 9 credit hours of electives. Please note that courses are subject to change and may be offered during different terms (fall, spring, and/or summer). Each semester, students will meet with an advisor for course specifications and semester offerings for the upcoming academic term.
Required Courses (21 hours)
- HES 509 Research Methods
- RHM 521 Hospitality Law and Risk Management
- RHM 551 Sport Properties and Venue Management
- RHM 555 Sports Sales and Entrepreneurship
- RHM 559 International Strategies in Sports
- RHM 561 Marketing, Sales and Public Relations in Sports
- RHM 575 Sport and Hospitality Financial Management
- Plan I: Thesis Track (24 credit hours and Thesis)*
- Plan II: Non-Thesis (30 credit hours and Capstone Project)*
Recommended Electives (9 hours)
- RHM 552 Trends and Issues in Sports Business Management**
- RHM 560 Sports Business Management Fellowship
- RHM 570 Leadership Management in Hospitality Management
- RHM 576 Strategic Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- RHM 593 Special Problems in Sports Business Management
- RHM 596 Seminar in Hospitality Management
- RHM 599 Thesis Research
*For both options, a grade of “B” or higher must be earned in all courses.
**This course is a travel course offered during summer interim and requires a travel fee in addition to tuition.
To be considered for admission, an applicant for the MS in Hospitality Management, concentration in Sport Hospitality, must have the following:
- One of the following:
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (Include in the Header: Hospitality Management, concentration in Sport Hospitality). Students should also include in their statement why they have chosen this area of study and how it will apply to their personal and/or professional goals.
You Can Do It
At The University of Alabama we want to help you tell a legendary story, and that begins with a premier education and strong support. You can succeed at earning your degree from wherever you are. Want to know more? Let our graduates tell you their UA Online stories.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories
Elizabeth Truelove Fleet