Bachelor of Science (BS) with a Major in
Through The University of Alabama’s 100% online bachelor’s in General Business degree program, you’ll learn a variety of practical and applicable skills to help you make a lasting impact on companies around the world or grow your own business. Students will have the opportunity to study trends in marketing, management, accounting and finance.
Tuition Per Hour$385
Your Future Is Our Business
Our flexible and affordable courses are designed to provide you with an essential understanding of business, problem analysis, management, marketing and economic conditions. Through tailoring your degree to your interests and professional goals, this degree can lead to a career in fields like management (hotel, business, operations or product management), leadership, entrepreneurship, finance, human resources, analytics, marketing, sales, communications, nonprofits and beyond.
By earning an online business degree from The University of Alabama, you are making a significant investment in yourself and your future, becoming well-prepared to excel in your career. Our online bachelor’s program is AACSB accredited, a benchmark of quality that’s widely sought by business schools. Less than 5% of institutions worldwide have earned the achievement.
- Recognized as a Leader in Online Education
- Application DeadlineRecommended dates are July 15 for fall admission; November 15 for spring admission; April 15 for summer admission
- RankingRanked 4th for best online bachelor's in business programs by US News and World Report (2022)
- AccreditationAssociation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Are test scores required?ACT and SAT scores are not required through the Fall 2023 entry term
The BS, major in General Business program requires 120 hours. Students will major in General Business and can begin coursework any semester. Convenient courses allow you to continue your education towards a business degree online without interrupting your career or your busy life.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
- GBA 146 Professional Development Series I: Exploring Your Path
- GBA 246 Professional Development Series II: Choosing Your Path
- EC 110 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC 111 Principles of Macroeconomics
- LGS 200 Legal Environment of Business
- MATH 121 Calculus and Applications
- AC 210 Principles of Accounting
- ST 260 Statistical Data Analysis
- MIS 200 Fundamentals of Management Information Systems
Students must complete 61 hours of general education and lower-division requirements prior to enrolling into upper-division courses.
- MGT 300 Organizational Theory and Behavior
- MKT 300 Marketing
- OM 300 Introduction to Operations Management
- FI 302 Business Finance
- GBA 300 Business Communications
- GBA 346 Professional Development Series III: Pursuing Your Path
- GBA 490 Strategic Management
- EC 400 Analysis of Economic Conditions at the Micro/Macro Level
- FI 400 Financial Institutions, Markets, and Investments
- 300-499 Business Elective Course
In addition to completing lower-division requirements, students must complete the following general education and core curriculum requirements prior to enrolling into upper-division courses. Transfer students considering admission should review UA’s transfer information and policies.
- 6-8 hours of Computer or Foreign Language (3 hours of computer requirement is satisfied by ST 260 and OM 300)
- 6 hours of Freshman Composition (satisfied by EN 101 and EN 102)
- 12 hours of History, Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 hours are satisfied by EC 110 and EC 111)
- 12 hours of Literature, Humanities, and Fine Arts
- 8 hours of Natural Sciences
Choose one course:
- IBA 350 Introduction to World Business
- MGT 301 Introduction to Human Resources Management
- MGT 320 Leadership and Ethics
- MGT 386 Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- MGT 423 Effective Negotiations
Choose one course:
- AC 351 Managerial Accounting Decisions
- AC 361 Cost Analysis for Planning and Control
Choose one course:
- MKT 313 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 321 Retail Management
- MKT 337 Personal Selling
- MKT 440 Digital and Social Media Marketing
Students must contact the Culverhouse Online Services Office with questions related to academic plans and advising by email email@example.com.
Many students who choose the online business degree BS, major in General Business degree program also choose a minor. A list of available minors can be found here.
To apply for formal admission to any of the undergraduate degree programs offered through UA Online, you must complete an admissions application and submit transcripts from all colleges previously attended. Transfer students considering admission should review UA’s transfer information and policies.
Applicants must meet one of the following admission requirements:
If you have earned more than 24 college-level credit hours at the time of your application to the University, you will need to meet the transfer student admission requirement of a minimum 2.0 overall college GPA.
If you have earned less than 24 college-level credit hours at the time of your application to the University, you will need to meet both the 2.0 overall college GPA required for transfer students, as well as Admission Requirements for Freshmen Students. If high school graduation was more than four years ago, ACT/SAT scores are not required.
The recommended dates for application are April 15 for summer enrollment, July 15 for fall enrollment or November 15 for spring enrollment to ensure you receive advising and transfer credit evaluation prior to enrolling in required courses.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories
Elizabeth Truelove Fleet