Available online, the minor in Public Policy will enhance your understanding of political advocacy as well as civic responsibility.
Tuition Per Hour$385
Communicate to Diverse Audiences
Course concepts are especially beneficial to those pursuing careers in the media or nonprofit and public sectors, including elected or appointed service and political campaigning.
The 18-credit-hour minor includes courses that also fulfill core curriculum requirements, easing your path to graduation.
The online minor in Public Policy requires a minimum of 18 credit hours. Students must earn a minimum of 6 credit hours of upper level (300-400-level) courses in the minor. Please note that courses are subject to change.
Required Courses (9 hours)
- EC 110 Principles of Microeconomics
- PSC 101 Introduction to American Politics
- PSC 370 American Public Policy
Research Methods or Data Analysis (3 hours)
Choose one course:
- BER 345 Educational Statistics
- CJ 280 Research Methods*
- CJ 381 Statistics *
- ST 260 Statistical Data Analysis
- SW 420 Research for Social Work Practice (BSW majors only)
Social Welfare Policy and Services Electives (6–9 hours)
- SW 200 History of Social Welfare in the U.S.
- SW 206 Growing Old in America
- SW 210 Family and Child Welfare
- SW 351 Oppression and Social Injustice
- SW 401 Social Welfare Policy and Services (BSW majors only)
*Criminal Justice students may substitute another Public Policy elective course in place of the Research Methods or Data Analysis area requirement.
View more information about this program through the undergraduate catalog.
Before selecting a minor, you must be admitted to a major program (bachelor’s degree). You can pursue the minor of your choice along with your major coursework after gaining approval from your advisor.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories