Advertising & Public Relations
The integrated Advertising and Public Relations minor focuses on the historical, societal and cultural impacts of the advertising and public relations industries. The skills you’ll gain complement a wide variety of academic majors, including general business, marketing and liberal arts.
Tuition Per Hour$385
Learn to Communicate Effectively
Effective communicators are always in demand. With this minor, you’ll learn the history of advertising and public relations communication and gain an understanding of communication best practices.
Contact us or speak with your advisor to learn how this online minor can help you reach your career goals.
The online minor in Advertising & Public Relations requires 19 credit hours. Advertising and Public Relations majors may not complete this minor
Please note that courses are subject to change.
- MC 101 Introduction to Mass Communication
- JCM 103 Mechanics of Media Writing
- APR 221 Introduction to Advertising or APR 231 Introduction to Public Relations
- APR 280 Introduction to Audience Analysis*
- APR 290 Introduction to Channels and Messaging
*Requires CIS 260 Intro to Media Resources as a corequisite.
- Two APR 400-level or MC 400-level electives
- APR 436 Viral Communication
- APR 437 Social Networks
- APR 438 Branding Principles & Practice
Before selecting a minor, you must be admitted to a major program (bachelor’s degree). You can pursue the minor of your choice along with your major coursework with approval from your advisor.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories