Graduate Certificate in
Set yourself apart from your peers with this 15-hour online graduate certificate in Conflict Resolution. This program will help you develop skills to eliminate common sources of conflict and teach you to create a more peaceful workplace environment.
Tuition Per Hour$440
Resolve Conflict in the Workplace
Enhance your emotional intelligence and learn to communicate with diverse individuals and groups with a graduate certificate in Conflict Resolution. The courses in this program will actively engage you in exploring issues of perception, culture and values to enhance your communication skills for any workplace.
Courses for this program are offered completely online in order to accommodate working adults, and they are taught by the same faculty who teach on campus at UA. The credit hours can also be transferred to the online master’s degree in Human Environmental Sciences.
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Other Program SpecificsMay apply all 15 credit hours of coursework towards the Master of Science in HES (General Studies)
Students must earn 15 credit hours of coursework to receive the Graduate Certificate. Please note that courses are subject to change.
- CSM 525: Conflict Resolution for the Workplace
- CSM 527: Emotional Intelligence: The Personal Qualities of the Negotiator
- CSM 528: Processes of Negotiation
- CSM 586: Principled Negotiation
- CSM 530: Family and Consumer Law for Non-Lawyers
- CSM 559: Techniques of Counseling in Consumer Sciences
Coursework for the Graduate Certificate may be applied towards the MS in Human Environmental Sciences graduate degree.
To be considered for admission to the Graduate Certificate, applicants will apply to the following: “Certificates – Graduate Non-Degree Certificates – Distance Learning”. Students admitted to the Conflict Resolution certificate, non-degree graduate program may enroll in up to 15 credit hours and all of these certificate credits may be used towards the master’s in HES in General Studies degree. A separate application to the master’s in HES degree program is required.
Admission to this graduate certificate requires the following:
- Statement of purpose – must include the program name and professional goals as they relate to this program
- Current resume
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Either a 3.0 GPA overall OR a 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of an undergraduate degree
- 300 or higher on the verbal plus quantitative sections on the GRE (only if the GPA requirements are not met)
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories