Bama Ready Quick Facts
Bama Ready is a free orientation course for UA’s online programs, designed to introduce you to the tools and resources that will be essential for your success in UA’s online courses. Here are some important details about Bama Ready:
- Bama Ready is available for all students enrolled in a Bama By Distance program, and it is mandatory for all new undergraduate freshman and transfer students.
- Students are automatically enrolled in Bama Ready within three business days of admission, and the course (Bama Ready Orientation) will appear in Blackboard, which you can access using your myBama credentials.
- Most students can complete the course within 3-5 hours.
- The course content will remain available to you throughout your time as a UA student, offering you quick access to the tips and tools like access to the Slack community for UA’s online students, as well as strategies for success in college, and an always-available collection of other financial and academic resources.
- Bama By Distance uses the SmarterMeasure tool in Bama Ready to help students assess their readiness for learning in an online environment. This tool asks questions on various topics such as life factors, learning styles and technical skills, and provides support resources, tutorials and services to strengthen your skills in these areas.
- If there is a DL Orientation hold on your account that prevents you from enrolling in classes, it is because you have not yet completed the Bama Ready orientation.
What are you waiting for? If you’ve been admitted, check your course listing in Blackboard and begin the orientation today!