Master of Arts (MA) in
Management, concentration in Global Business
Employees with global management skills are highly valuable and sought after. The online master’s degree in Management from UA’s Culverhouse College of Business offers you the opportunity to develop essential management skills while also concentrating on the global business area.
Tuition Per Hour$440
Prepare to Lead in a Diverse Environment
This flexible, online program is designed for supervisors, administrators, coordinators, managers, military personnel and others who desire to advance their awareness of global issues and management in the workplace.
You will study the complexities of managing global business operations and learn how to effectively lead in a culturally diverse environment. As a graduate of this program, you will understand the degree to which globalization has changed management in today’s society. In addition, you will have a broad knowledge of the areas that are key to succeeding in a global market, including but not limited to accounting and finance, international marketing, and leadership and ethics.
The University of Alabama’s online master’s is AACSB accredited, which is the benchmark of quality worldwide and is widely sought after by business schools. Less than five percent of institutions worldwide have earned the achievement.
- Recognized as a Leader in Online Education
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Fees$250 Culverhouse graduate fee (per course)
- RankingRanked 10th for best online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report (2020). Ranked 4th for best online master's in management programs by TheBestSchools.org (2018).
- AccreditationAssociation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The online MA in Management curriculum prepares employees to be leaders in their organization by approaching management issues from a global mindset with a commitment to making a positive impact on society. The program consists of 30 hours of coursework. No thesis is required.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
- MGT 517 Leadership & Ethics
- MGT 537 Strategic Human Resources Management
- AC 506 Concepts of Financial Management Accounting
- IBA 550 Global Business
- GBA 525 Business Policy (Global Capstone Project)
- IBA 555 Global Marketing Management
- IBA 560 Advanced Export/Import Strategy
- ST 560 Statistical Methods
Two Electives From the Following
- EC 500 Managerial Economics
- FI 504 Foundations of Financial Management
- GBA 515 Effective Negotiations
- MGT 531 Employee Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- MGT 534 Training and Development
- MGT 538 Workforce Training
- MGT 539 Work Flow Analytics
- MGT 582 New Venture Development
- MKT 510 Product Design Marketing Strategy
- MKT 530 Advanced Marketing Analysis
- MKT 531 Consumer Insights
- MKT 537 Personal Selling
- MKT 540 Introduction to Digital and Social Media Marketing
- MKT 542 Digital and Social Media Analytics
- MKT 543 Advanced Digital and Social Media Projects and Studies
- OM 500 Management Science & Spreadsheet Modeling
- OM 517 Supply Chain Modeling & Analysis
- OM 522 Operations Scheduling Problems
- OM 523 Inventory Management
- OM 524 Mfg Sched & Control Systems
- OM 525 Effective Quality Management
- OM 527 Purchasing and Sourcing
- OM 540 Systems Simulation
- ST 521 Statistical Data Management
- ST 531 Data Mining I
- Or other Director approved elective course
In addition to the minimum Graduate School admission requirements, to be considered for regular admission an application must include:
- A resume
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A GRE score of at least 300 (verbal + quantitative) or a GMAT score of at least 500. Test score waivers may be granted if the applicant, 1) already has a graduate degree from an accredited university, or 2) has at least 5 years of substantial management experience.
Students who do not meet these requirements, but who excel in other areas, may be considered for Admission with Permission to Continue.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories
Elizabeth Truelove Fleet