Master of Arts (MA) in
Management, concentration in Global Business
Advance your leadership and management career by earning your master’s in Management with a concentration in Global Business 100% online from The University of Alabama. Designed for current and aspiring managers, the coursework will expand your skill set to help you effectively manage people and projects in a variety of areas. Students will have the opportunity to explore topics in management, human resources, finance, global business, import and export strategies, business ethics and more!
Tuition Per Hour$440
Prepare to Lead in a Diverse Environment
At The University of Alabama Online, you’ll have the opportunity to study the ever-changing landscape of management and global business operations, learning how to effectively and inclusively lead diverse teams and develop talent, support your organization’s mission and advance resources and processes. Graduates will understand how globalization has changed management in today’s society. In addition, you will have a broad knowledge of the areas that are key to succeeding in a global market, including critical thinking, data analysis and project management.
The University of Alabama’s online master’s is AACSB accredited, a benchmark of quality that’s widely sought by business schools. Less than 5% of institutions worldwide have earned this achievement.
- Recognized as a Leader in Online Education
- Application DeadlineApplications accepted year round
- Fees$250 Culverhouse graduate fee (per course)
- RankingRanked 10th for best online graduate business programs by U.S. News & World Report (2020). Ranked 4th for best online master's in management programs by TheBestSchools.org (2018).
- AccreditationAssociation to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The online MA in Management curriculum prepares employees to be leaders in their organization by approaching management issues from a global mindset with a commitment to making a positive impact on society. The program consists of 30 hours of coursework. No thesis is required.
Please note that courses are subject to change.
- MGT 517 Leadership & Ethics
- MGT 537 Strategic Human Resources Management
- AC 506 Concepts of Financial Management Accounting
- IBA 550 Global Business
- GBA 525 Business Policy (Global Capstone Project)
- IBA 555 Global Marketing Management
- IBA 560 Advanced Export/Import Strategy
- ST 560 Statistical Methods
Two Electives From the Following
- EC 500 Managerial Economics
- FI 504 Foundations of Financial Management
- GBA 515 Effective Negotiations
- MGT 531 Employee Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- MGT 534 Training and Development
- MGT 538 Workforce Training
- MGT 539 Work Flow Analytics
- MGT 582 New Venture Development
- MKT 510 Product Design Marketing Strategy
- MKT 530 Advanced Marketing Analysis
- MKT 531 Consumer Insights
- MKT 537 Personal Selling
- MKT 540 Introduction to Digital and Social Media Marketing
- MKT 542 Digital and Social Media Analytics
- MKT 543 Advanced Digital and Social Media Projects and Studies
- OM 500 Management Science & Spreadsheet Modeling
- OM 517 Supply Chain Modeling & Analysis
- OM 522 Operations Scheduling Problems
- OM 523 Inventory Management
- OM 524 Mfg Sched & Control Systems
- OM 525 Effective Quality Management
- OM 527 Purchasing and Sourcing
- OM 540 Systems Simulation
- ST 521 Statistical Data Management
- ST 531 Data Mining I
- Or other Director approved elective course
In addition to the minimum Graduate School admission requirements, to be considered for regular admission an application must include:
- A resume
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A GRE score of at least 300 (verbal + quantitative) or a GMAT score of at least 500. Test score waivers may be granted if the applicant, 1) already has a graduate degree from an accredited university, or 2) has at least 5 years of substantial management experience.
Students who do not meet these requirements, but who excel in other areas, may be considered for Admission with Permission to Continue.
Inspiring stories of success from students and alumni.
Take a look at some of our UA Online stories.See All Stories
Elizabeth Truelove Fleet